Breast augmentation is a cosmetic treatment that improves the sagginess, smaller size, and shape of the breasts. This invasive treatment also helps in boosting an individual’s mental state of embarrassment and confidence. As a result, many females seeking a breast enhancement treatment wish to consider this treatment. But before getting into the treatment, it is essential to learn about the treatment in detail.
For that, this article might be useful to learn about breast enhancement surgery and its related elements in detail. Additionally, it will provide tips to prepare for this treatment. This post includes references from popular plastic surgeons of breast augmentation in Abu Dhabi like Dr. Parag Telang. So keep reading the article.
Breast Augmentation Treatment
Breast augmentation is a minimally invasive cosmetic plastic surgery. In this procedure minimal incisions are placed on the concerned body part and fat tissues or silicone pads are injected after the administration of general/local anesthesia. Moreover, same-day discharge is also possible after this treatment is performed by a qualified plastic surgeon. During the recovery candidate is advised to follow the recovery guideline, which is as follows:
- Take prescribed medication on time
- Avoid strenuous activities like exercising, weight lifting
- Stay in a cool and dry place
- Use shade or sunscreen, if going out in sunlight and pollution is a must
- Take a healthy diet and sound sleep
- Avoid the consumption of alcohol, nicotine, and smoke
Typically, this procedure takes 4 to 6 weeks to give the desired results after following the above-mentioned instructions. But, depending upon one’s overall health and dedication this healing time may increase or decrease.
Ideal Candidate for Breast Augmentation Surgery
Along with the post-procedure recovery phase, breast augmentation treatment requires some eligibility criteria as well. These criteria are essential for the success of breast augmentation procedures and the desired outcome, one is looking for. An ideal candidate for breast enlargement surgery is one:
- Realistic Expectations: This procedure can enhance the size and shape of the breasts but may not achieve perfection or meet every expectation. So, an ideal candidate requires realistic expectations about the results of the surgery,
- Good Physical and Emotional Health: Candidates must be physically and emotionally fit. They should not have any medical conditions that could pose a risk during surgery or hinder the healing process.
- Fully Developed Breasts: Ideal candidates should have fully developed breasts, which typically means that they are at least 18 years old. This treatment is not recommended for adolescents or individuals whose breasts are still developing.
- Stable Weight: Candidates should have a stable body weight. Significant fluctuations in weight can affect the appearance of the breasts, so it is best to be at a stable weight before undergoing surgery.
- Dissatisfaction with Breast Size or Shape: A candidate carrying a genuine desire to change the size or shape of their breasts because they are dissatisfied with their current appearance.
- Emotional Preparedness: Breast augmentation is a significant decision, and candidates should be emotionally prepared for the physical and emotional changes that may come with it.
- Adequate Breast Tissue: Candidates should have enough breast tissue to accommodate the implants. In some cases, individuals with very little natural breast tissue may not be suitable candidates, and alternatives such as fat grafting or other surgical options may be considered.
- Non-smoker: Smoking can increase the risk of complications during and after surgery. Ideal candidates should be non-smokers or willing to quit smoking for a period before and after the procedure.
- Realistic About Recovery: Candidates should understand that there will be a recovery period after the surgery, during which physical activity and certain behaviors will be restricted. They should be willing and able to follow post-operative instructions for a smooth recovery.
The most crucial step in determining candidacy for breast enlargement surgery is to consult with an experienced plastic surgeon. The surgeon will assess an individual’s circumstances, discuss the goals, and then help to make an informed decision about whether breast augmentation is right for the candidate or not.
How To Prepare for Breast Reduction Surgery
Some tips to prepare for breast reduction surgery are as follows:
- Consultation with a Plastic Surgeon: Schedule a consultation with a plastic surgeon specializing in breast reduction surgery. The surgeon will determine the goals, concerns, and medical history of the candidate. So be open and honest about the expectations and any medical conditions or medications.
- Medical Evaluation: The surgeon will likely perform a thorough medical evaluation to assess your overall health. This may include blood tests, mammograms, and other relevant tests to ensure the candidate’s suitability for the procedure.
- Follow Pre-operative Instructions: The surgeon will provide specific pre-operative instructions. Follow these instructions carefully to ensure the best possible outcome. This may include guidelines for medications, dietary restrictions, and hygiene practices in the days leading up to the surgery.
- Quit Smoking: For successful breast augmentation treatment, it is essential to quit smoking prior to surgery. It will reduce the risk of complications and impair the healing process.
- Medication Adjustments: Discuss the current medications, including over-the-counter drugs and supplements, with the surgeon. Some medications may need to be adjusted or temporarily discontinued before the surgery, especially those that can increase the risk of bleeding.
- Arrange for Help: After breast reduction surgery, the candidate may need assistance with daily tasks and activities during the initial recovery period. Arrange for a friend or family member to help you at home for a few days post-surgery.
- Prepare Your Home: Before the surgery, make the home comfortable and safe for recovery. Stock up on necessary supplies such as gauze, pain medications, ice packs, and comfortable clothing that is easy to put on and take off.
- Plan for Time Off: Depending on the extent of the surgery and your individual recovery, the candidate may need time off from work and other daily responsibilities. So, plan accordingly in advance.
- Arrange Transportation: One will likely be unable to drive immediately after surgery due to the effects of anesthesia and pain medications. Arrange for transportation to and from the surgical facility on the day of the procedure.
- Post-operative Support: Consider seeking emotional support from friends, family, or a therapist during the recovery period. It’s normal to have mixed emotions before and after surgery, and having a support system can be valuable.
- Questions and Concerns: Before the surgery, understand the procedure, potential risks, and expected outcomes carefully. Don’t hesitate to ask the surgeon any questions or express any concerns regarding the treatment.
These tips can surely help one in planning for their surgery. However, it is necessary to consult an expert surgeon. Thus, to learn more you may visit Dr. Parag Telang. He is the best plastic surgeon in Abu Dhabi renowned for breast reshaping treatments using minimally invasive methods.