By mistake or for some other reason, your PST file emails get deleted from the hard drive, and you are finding a way to recover them, but you are failing. If that is your case, then your search ends now. In this article, we will explain why you deleted and solutions to get deleted Outlook emails from hard drive.
When you save your emails or any other Outlook items, they will be stored on your hard drive. The PST file in which you store data like emails, contacts, calendars, events, etc. automatically saves your Outlook data. It is not a difficult job to find your PST files; you can locate your files in the App Data, and from there, you can import them into Outlook. But sometimes, your files get deleted from the hard drive as well. But don’t know how?
Reasons for Your PST File Emails Deletion
- Your file has been attacked by a virus or malware.
- Users can delete their files by mistake if they don’t know about them.
- In some cases, when you suddenly close the program during the work you do,.
- Recently, you updated your system, and because of this, your file was deleted.
So, these are some of the reasons why your files were deleted from your hard drive, and now you are looking for a way to restore them.
Solutions to Get Deleted Outlook Emails from Hard Drive
To restore your files from the hard drive, the backup method will help you. Backing up your data is very important because you can retrieve it in this situation. But if you don’t have the backup file of the emails, then a third-party tool could help you. The software can easily recover your whole PST file and provide you with a great result. Thus, there are two ways to restore deleted PST file emails from external drive.
- If you have a backup file of the lost emails, then it will be easy to recover the data.
- If you have no backup, then software can be used to retrieve the data.
Recover Lost Outlook Emails using Backup File
Backing up your Outlook data is very easy. So, it is advisable to make backups of your important data so that you can get benefits in the future.
- Go to the control panel of your device.
- Search your PST file that contains deleted emails.
- After that, click the file and then restore it.
- Select browse for file or browse for folder to select a location you want your files in.
- Now click on the Restore option, and your recovered files will be where you set them.
From these steps, you can easily retrieve the files, but if you have no backup, use the next method.
Get Deleted Outlook Emails from Hard Drive by Third-Party Tool
This software is one of the best ways to recover your files. Why? Because here we used a well-secured Outlook Recovery Tool designed by SysTools, you recovered the file without harming the data. The software has a user-friendly interface where both technical and non-technical users can easily use it. Also, while you use the tool, you don’t need to install Outlook or backup files.
After restoring the files, you should export the files in other file formats. So that you don’t have to worry about the deletion of your files again. For this, a PST file Converter will help.
Features of Software
There are other additional features of the tool that can help you in your work, which is.
- The tool is used to restore every type of Outlook item, like emails, contacts, calendars, etc.
- There are two scan modes: quick and advance, to scan your files for any corruption issues.
- It allows you to recover a batch PST file in a precise way.
- During the process, the software will maintain a folder hierarchy.
- You can preview your recovered data in red before you fully retrieve it.
Steps to Restore Deleted PST File Emails from External Drive
- Download and install the software.
- Click on the Add File option. Select the search file, and then either click on the search-selected drive or search all drives.
- Open the PST folder where your deleted files are, and click on the scan options Quick and Advanced to scan your files. Press the Add button.
- The tool loads your file and displays it in the center of the screen.
- Click on the email option from the left, and there you will see your recovered emails in red.
- Now, select Export to retrieve all the files, or select the files you want and click the Export Selected option.
- Click on PST format, browse the location of the files, and click on the Export option.
After you have successfully retrieved the files in the new PST file, if your file becomes too large to handle, then use the Split PST Tool to divide your oversized PST file into smaller files.
The methods we use to get deleted Outlook emails from the hard drive provide the best results. After you read the article, you now know why the file was deleted and the solutions to solve it. The solutions are different from each other. In the first, we use a backup file, and in the second, we use software to recover your files without using any backup of the Outlook program.