Most businesses have now been migrated to cloud-based services like G Suite and Office 365. These platforms are popular in terms of worldwide usage. However, sometimes, users need to perform the migration between these platforms as well. Likewise, some users want to know how to migrate Office 365 to Google Workspace mailboxes. That is why we have come up with this guide to introduce users to the best ways to complete this task.
We will talk about the various methods to complete this migration task in this guide. Moreover, users will also get the complete stepwise working procedure of each solution to get a better understanding.
Different techniques to migrate Office 365 to G Suite
This migration requires good planning and a simple method to migrate Office 365 to Google Workspace mailboxes. Here, we will share the two methods that users can use to complete this migration task. First is the manual method, where we will share how to use the Exchange Admin Center to do this task. Another solution is professional third-party software.
So, we suggest users read this guide to the end to get the stepwise working procedure of both solutions. We will start the procedure with the manual method and then talk about the professional solution.
A manual strategy to move from Office 365 to G Suite
Users can follow the below steps to migrate Office 365 to Google Workspace emails manually.
- First, you have to navigate to the Exchange Admin Center and log in with the admin credentials.
- After that, go to the Setup profile. Then, choose the Migrations option from the Featured Collection.
- Now, look for the Emails option and click on it from the Migration panel.
- Click the Get Started button under the Migrate your email page to continue.
- In the email source, you need to choose the Import My Email messages option.
- After that, choose the Other Email Sources option from the Select Your Data Service page. (There is no direct option to move the Office 365 emails to G Suite, so we have chosen the Other Email Sources option).
- Now, use the IMAP details to establish a connection to move forward with the Office 365 to G Suite migration.
- After filling up all the details, click the Save button to ensure the connection is verified or not. After that, you will be able to see the list of the users on the Email Migration Status Page.
- Tap the Start Migration button after completing all the required details.
So, that is how users can migrate Office 365 to Google Workspace emails with the help of this manual method. Now, we will cover some limitations of this manual method and share with the users why professionals always prefer third-party software to complete this task.
Disadvantages of moving Office 365 to G Suite manually
The users can go through various limitations while migrating their emails from Office 365 to Google Workspace. Here, we will share some drawbacks of the manual method that users are going to face.
- Time consumption is the most common and biggest challenge in moving from Office 365 to G Suite manually.
- Moreover, there is no guarantee of the secure process of the Office 365 emails to Google Workspace account.
- Users may need good technical expertise to handle the manual method for completing the migration task.
- Also, there is no option to select the desired items from the mailboxes to migrate into the G Suite account.
Users may face such kind of issues while using the manual method to migrate Office 365 to Google Workspace mailboxes. That is why professionals always prefer third-party software to complete this task effectively. So, we suggest users explore the professional third-party tool that we have shared in the below section.
A reliable method to export from Office 365 to G Suite
Users can prefer the Shoviv Microsoft 365 to Google Workspace Migration Tool instead of the manual methods. This solution is a simple, quick, and secure way to complete the migration of Office 365 emails to G Suite. It has no restrictions on moving the large as well as multiple mailboxes from Office 365 to G Suite.
The stepwise working of this software is easy to understand, so anyone can easily access this software. The GUI of this tool is so simple that anyone can easily migrate Office 365 to G Suite mailboxes using this tool. So, read the below section and understand how this method works to complete this task.
Migrate Office 365 to Google Workspace: Stepwise Working
The users can easily complete this migration task with the help of the Shoviv Software. Follow the below steps to migrate Office 365 to G Suite mailboxes.
- Download, install, and launch the Shoviv Microsoft 365 to Google Workspace Migration Tool.
- After that, hit the Source Office 365 tab. Enter the project name, select your Exchange Server Name, and hit the OK button.
- Then, accept the permission from Microsoft by clicking the Accept button.
- Now, click the Target G Suite tab. Afterward, provide the project name, email address, Service account ID, and other details. Then, click the Connect button.
- After that, tap the Migration Job option and select the mailbox type you want to migrate from your Office 365 account.
- Fill up the Job name, select the source and the target, choose mailboxes, and hit the Next button.
- Then, you need to map the source mailbox to the target and continue with the Next button.
- Now, the filter page will open. Choose the date range, item type, and date basis to add or remove items. Then, click Next to move forward.
- On the Settings page, make the changes per the migration requirements and hit the Job Schedule option to set the migration periodically.
- You can choose the specific date and time to set the migration task periodically. Afterward, hit the Next button.
- At last, check all the migration settings and go to the Back to make changes or hit the Finish button.
By following these steps, users can migrate Office 365 to Google Workspace emails professionally.
We have covered two best solutions to complete the migration task of the Office 365 mailboxes. At last, we recommend users choose the Shoviv professional tool to migrate Office 365 to Google Workspace emails effortlessly. Moreover, users can also check the free demo version of this software and explore other features easily. This free demo version allows users to process the first 50 items per folder freely.