A combination of weight fluctuations, gravity, and the natural aging process can make your breasts deflated, uneven in shape, and lacking in fullness over time. In such cases, the apt solution lies in breast lift surgery.
Most patients experience discomfort, pain, or soreness within the first week after breast uplift surgery. If you are planning for breast uplift surgery or have already undergone it but are stressed about the post-surgery instructions, don’t worry; we are here to help you out. This blog contains detailed information taken from one of the renowned plastic surgeons in Gurgaon, Dr. Shilpi Bhadani who provides the best breast uplift surgery in Gurgaon. This will provide you with comprehensive knowledge of what steps to take and how to plan your life after breast surgery.
What Noticeable Changes Can You Experience after Breast Surgery?
- The breasts will appear bruised and swollen.
- Your nipples can appear to be retracted due to inflammation.
- A small amount of blood on the dressing is considered normal.
- After surgery, patients may notice the bottom of the breast appearing flat initially. As they will soften and take their final, more natural shape over the following months.
- Incisions may have a “ruffled” or bumpy experience at first-this will smooth and flatten with time.
How does your Breast Feel, and What Pain do you Experience Post-surgery?
Your breasts will feel swollen, tight, and bruised at first. Moreover, sensations such as numbness, burning, and swelling are expected to gradually decrease over time.
If you are thinking about pain, you can expect breast surgery discomfort to subside within 1-2 weeks postop. You are advised to take your pain prescription as instructed, and with time, as you start to feel comfortable, your need for medication will diminish.
What Tips to Follow After Breast Lift Surgery?
If you have recently undergone breast lift surgery, remember to take it easy after your surgery. Allow your body to recover and heal, and follow these vital tips to avoid any negative effects after post-surgery.
- Keep your arm movements to a minimum for the first 48 hours.
- Try to sleep on your back for at least two weeks, keeping your head slightly high.
- While resting, keep your head and shoulders slightly uplifted on at least two pillows for the first 24 hours.
- You should avoid heavy lifting.
Besides following the above-listed tips, you should also make certain changes to your lifestyle. To know what exact changes you need to make in your lifestyle, keep reading more.
What Lifestyle Tips to Follow after Breast Uplift Surgery?
- You can return to driving yourself typically 4-7 days after surgery.
- Following a light diet is best for the surgery day. You may return to a high-protein and low-sodium diet following the day.
- Avoid drinking alcohol post-breast-uplift surgery. It is best if you don’t resume it for 1-2 weeks.
- Avoid using very hot water when going for a bath.
- The breasts will be tender after surgery. Wash them gently and pat dry them with a clean towel.
- When taking a shower, do not rub the incisions or let the water hit the area directly.
- Avoid returning to your work for at least two weeks.
- For sleeping, it is advised that for the first few weeks, try to sleep on your side or on your back to avoid too much pressure on your breasts.
After knowing what tips are needed to follow, you should also know the don’ts of breast lift surgery. Below, we have covered the same information for you.
What are Do Nots after Breast Lift Surgery?
- Do not take Aspirin, Naproxen, Ibuprofen, or other blood thinners unless your plastic surgeon advises you it is safe.
- Do not apply hydrogen peroxide to incision sites. Try to keep postop dressings in your place until follow-up.
- Do not apply ice packs or heating pads to the treated areas unless instructed to do so by your plastic surgeon.
- Do not soak in jacuzzis, baths, or hot tubs until all incisions have fully healed.
If you are still left with any doubts, it is best to consult your plastic surgeon and know the answers to all your questions.
Consult with the Best Plastic Surgeon Today!
A breast lift surgery is a surgical procedure performed by a plastic surgeon to change the shape of your breasts. After the surgery, you will notice a change of appearance in your breasts. Their shape will continue to change and settle for the next few months. Consulting a plastic surgeon will give you better insights into breast lift surgery and post-surgery instructions.
If you want to make changes in your appearance, you can consult Dr. Shilpi Bhadani the best plastic surgeon in Gurgaon at SB Aesthetics. To take the best step towards a healthier you, book your appointment with her today!