In modern medical advancements, congenital heart defects have become a focal point of research and innovation. Indian medical professionals are consistently researching various severe diseases and getting immensely praised for their commendable contributions. VSD closure surgery is one of them. Ventricular Septal Defects (VSDs), characterized by a hole in the heart’s wall, are one such condition that has witnessed remarkable progress in treatment methodologies.
With its burgeoning medical infrastructure and skilled healthcare professionals, India has emerged as a hub for VSD closure surgeries, offering cutting-edge procedures that ensure better outcomes, overall health, and improved quality of life for patients. Thousand of people visit India every month for the quality of the county’s treatment. Internation patients choose India because of our success rate, finest treatment facilities, and affordable VSD closure surgery cost in India.
Why does VSD Closer Surgery Required?
The heart features four chambers: two atria and two ventricles. The oxygenated blood flows to the left atrium, and the left ventricle pumps it to the whole body. The septum prevents oxygenated and deoxygenated blood from mixing. So, the ventricular septal defect is a congenital disease in which a hole in the wall (septum) between the right and left ventricles of the child’s heart.
Due to this hole, both oxygenated and deoxygenated blood start mixing. Due to this problem, the blood pressure in the lungs increases, resulting lack of oxygen in the body. If the hole is small, the blood may not be able to mix, and the hole closes automatically in such a situation.
However, if the hole is large, it can combine both sides of blood and require surgery to close it.
This surgery is usually performed even before the child is one year old. However, in some rare cases, this surgery can be conducted even between one and two years of age. However, if this disease is not detected in childhood, this surgical procedure can also be done in adults.
What are the Most Common Types of VSDs?
There are different types of ventricular septal defect.
- Membranous: the most common type of VSD in the septum’s upper part between the right and left ventricles.
- Muscular (also known as trabecular): this issue is rectified when there is more than one perforation and represents up to 20% of VSDs in infants.
- Inlet: A condition where VSD is located just below the mitral and tricuspid valves in the left and right ventricles, respectively.
- Conoventricular or outlet: There’s an opening before the pulmonary valve for blood to the lungs and another before the aortic valve.
How to Diagnose Ventricular Septal Defects (VSDs)?
Diagnosing this issue on time is imperative to save the patient from major complications. Doctors even suggest regular and timely health checkups to keep an eye on the health. Through regular health checkups, you have a chance of an detect the issue earlier if you have any serious or chronic disease. However, the usual method to diagnose with VSDs is as follows:
- Physical exam: This is the first and most crucial step to take your diagnosis to a further level. The doctor checks for heart murmurs using a stethoscope. The patient’s symptoms, medical history, and family history are also noted.
- Chest X-ray: A test that helps to witness the heart and lungs to check whether the heart is enlarged or has excess fluid in the lungs is called a chest X-ray.
- Echocardiogram: This test is done through sound waves to obtain images of the heart in motion to determine heart problems.
- Electrocardiogram (ECG): This test measures the heart’s electrical activity and helps diagnose heart problems.
- Cardiac catheterization: A catheter is inserted into a blood vessel in the arm or groin area and guided through the blood vessels of the heart. It helps the doctor diagnose congenital heart defects and determine the function of the heart chambers and valves.
- Pulse oximetry: A small clip is placed on the fingertip to measure the oxygen present in the blood.
What is Vsd Closure Surgery Cost in India?
VSD closure surgery is a complicated treatment surgery that needs to be performed by a specialized and experienced surgeon. While opting for its treatment, worrying about the VSD closure surgery cost in India is quite common. But there is no point in worrying about it because India is one of the few countries that provides the highest quality treatment with modern technology facilities at a reasonable cost.
The treatment cost for VSD closure surgery ranges from Rs. 217560 to Rs.290080 for Indian patients. However, the cost for international patients can be USD 4410 to USD 5390. The cost of treatment may vary based on the severity of your disease and what facilities you’re opting for during the treatment.
Which are the Top Hospitals for VSD Closure Surgery?
Before surgery, one must check the center’s or hospital’s authenticity. It is also recommended to check whether the hospital has a specialized cardiac surgeon. Finding the hospitals online could be dicey because of the source’s reliability.
So, whenever you check the hospital online, visiting the hospital’s website or an authentic source that provides relevant information is better. On the other hand, below are the top 4 hospitals known for their outstanding success rate and integrity towards medical treatment.
4 Best VSD Closure Surgery Hospitals in India
Yatharth Super Specialty Hospital | Greater Noida
- One of the best heart specialty hospitals in Greater Noida, Yatharth Super Specialty Hospital is known for providing integrated solutions for all healthcare requirements.
- The hospital’s cardiac department has advanced technology and treatment tools to serve the patients around the clock with the best possible efforts.
- The hospital is blessed with experienced and specialized cardio surgeons to perform VSD and other heart-related surgeries at a high success rate.
Continental Hospitals | Hyderabad
- Continental Hospitals, the region’s largest integrated private healthcare group, is active in Parkway Pantai Limited.
- The cardiology department of Continental Hospitals is mainly known for treating diseases like VSD, ASD, AVSD (Atrioventricular Septal Defect), and Bentall Procedure.
- The hospital also helps international patients in a suitable manner way. They help them with everything from providing or organizing medical visas to flights, hotel booking, etc.
Metro Hospital and Heart Institute, Faridabad | Gurgaon
- Established in 2002, Metro Hospital and Heart Institute is the most famous and prominent heart hospital all over India.
- The hospital treats all kinds of heart diseases, including VSDs, at a very reasonable cost.
- The hospital’s cardiology team includes expert cardiovascular surgeons, intensivists, OT technicians, cardiac anesthetists, and perfusionists.
Sir Ganga Ram Hospital | New Delhi
- Sir Ganga Ram Hospital was established in 1999 and is famous in New Delhi for its best heart treatment surgeries.
- The Dharamvira Heart Centre’s Departments of Cardiac Surgery India and Cardiac Anaesthesia comprise Ganga Ram Hospital’s adult and pediatric procedures in its two operation theatres.
- Our compassionate team of medical, paramedical, and administrative specialists is entirely committed to assisting you in your pursuit of optimal health and well-being.
Fixing a Ventricular Septal Defect (VSD) through surgery is important and can improve a person’s life. India is good at doing this kind of heart surgery, and they do it well without costing too much. Many people choose to come to India for VSD closure surgery. Apart, VSD closure surgery cost in India is reasonable, so patients from even Western countries also visit the country for the treatment. So, India’s customer-centric approach continues to attract patients worldwide, offering a brighter and healthier future for those with congenital heart conditions.