Do you need to convert Excel files to vCard format as quickly as possible? The steps to swiftly convert Excel to VCF or vCard format are provided in this blog post.
The process of adding and managing contacts with Excel is laborious, and there is a risk for errors and contact mismatches. In contrast to Excel sheet contacts, which can be accessed using an MS Excel application, it is preferable to keep your contacts in vCard format because it is more convenient and more compatible. It is therefore preferable to convert Excel contacts to VCF format. We have covered both manual and automated Excel to vCard converter tool conversion methods in this blog.
Let’s talk about the typical issues a user has with the contacts saved in an Excel sheet before we talk about conversion methods.
Excel must be exported to vCard formats:
The practice of saving contacts on an Excel sheet has a number of disadvantages in addition to some benefits. Let’s examine some disadvantages of keeping contacts in Excel format.
• Inability to independently share a single contact: You are unable to independently share a single contact using any email service or other applications. In this case, you must transmit the complete Excel file or just that one contact. On the other hand, exchanging a single file or contact is made simple by the vCard format.
• Low compatibility: Another problem with keeping contacts in an Excel file is that you have to use a Microsoft Excel program to access the contacts. With the vCard file format, you can access the contacts from a variety of email clients and gadgets.
• Large: When compared to the VCF format, Excel files are larger. When exchanging Excel files, you could run into issues, but not with vCard files. The VCF files can be shared without any concerns or complications.
How can I convert an Excel file to a vCard format?
This section will go over how to manually convert Excel contacts to VCF files.
1. Converting Excel files into CSV format-
1. In this phase, we will use the MS Excel application to convert the Excel files into CSV format.
2. Click the “Office” icon after opening your Excel document.
3. Select the “.csv” file choice from the drop-down menu under “Other Formats” after clicking the “Save As” option.
4. Finally, select Save by clicking the “Save As” option. There are several sheets in the workbook.
5. A dialogue box will show up; click “OK” to save the sheet and then “Yes” to maintain the workbook’s formatting.
2. Contacts from a CSV File Imported—
1. Click the Windows icon button and type contacts to search for contacts.
2. Then, in the Contacts box, choose the Import tab.
3. After deciding to use CSV in the wizard to import contacts to Windows, press Import.
4. Click Browse to open the freshly created.csv file.
5. Select the.csv file by pressing Next.
6. Click Finish once you’ve gone through the entire contact field.
In this case, Windows Contacts will save each and every contact in your CSV file as a vCard. Next, go to the last action.
3. Making use of a converter from Excel to vCard
It is straightforward to convert Excel files to the vCard format with the WholeClear Excel to vCard converter application. The software securely and swiftly converts Excel contacts to vCard format. Quickly converting an Excel file to vCard format, the tool is easy to use. The tool is the ideal alternative to the manual approach because it is complex and time-consuming. It takes longer and requires more work to manually export contacts from Excel to vCard format. Excel files can only be exported to CSV if you have strong technical knowledge.
The best alternative is to utilize an application that converts Excel to vCard because it provides a quick and easy conversion process.
This blog has already discussed the Excel to vCard conversion process. Approaches that are manual and automated are both explored. For a rapid, secure, and easy conversion process, use the Excel to vCard converter tool.